"God, please make me the person my dogs think I am"

Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Penny Saved is $316.50 Earned!


My husband thinks it is a ridiculous waste of time to save coins. I hate the weight of change in my purse, so all my loose coinage gets tossed into "Piggy" - a large piggybank that I received as a housewarming gift years ago. About once a year, or when I can no longer move Piggy, I roll the coins and put my "earnings" into my savings account.

Last night was the night I decided to empty out piggy and begin my rolling.

Boy was Ken surprised to see that I had manage to save $200 in quarters alone! Fifthy hands and a few hours later, I had rolled quarters, dimes, nickels and my least favorite - pennies - for a grand total of $316.50.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alex,

way to go with that amount you could buy a Wii Game system and a video game!

Way to Go! Ken should get with the program

The "Kids"

The "Kids"
Are you ready for some football???

What I'm Watching (not always in "real time")

  • Bones
  • CSI
  • Heros
  • House
  • NCIS

What I'm reading

  • Dave Ramsey FPU
  • Gifted to Lead
  • Toy Box Leadership
  • Axiom
  • Amazon
Powered By Blogger

Ken and I in Palm Springs

Ken and I in Palm Springs

Dog-gone good facts about me

Married with 3 pugs and a lab. Other stuff - hockey (go Devils) country music, reading and having dinner with friends.